Monday, March 07, 2005

Having Company

Tomorrow the superintendent and about a bazillion other people are taking a "learning walk" through 6 different math classrooms, and guess whose is one of the classrooms. (no cheating). So first I think, hmmmm I'm just introducing logarithms, hmmmmm could I get it more boring? I can't just state it and have them practice converting between log form and exponent form and that's that, can I? Then I think, well, I don't want to be (too) phony and "put on a show" of look how fun this is and how we incorporate games and alternate styles of learning and bla bla bla in our math classrooms. ... I think I've decided on a happy medium. If I just think of it as "company is coming over", and it's not phony to put your party dress on and be on your best behavior and mind your manners consciously instead of burping and picking up food with your fingers, then I think I can make peace with doing something a wee bit different from how I may approach this "normally". We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment