Friday, March 31, 2006

Red Vis-a-Vis Pens

Oh my. There I am expounding on ellipses on the overhead and switching pens to make various components of the ellipse stand out, when a big blob of red blood-looking stuff plops out of the pen and onto the slide. Ew. Toss the pen. Continue talk. Expound expound expound. Another red pen. Another big plop of red oozes from the seams of the red pen. Another toss.

This has happened before. And only with the red pens. What's the deal? ... And another thing. Wouldn't it be nice to buy colors individually or to mix and match to make your own set: purple, black, brown, dark green, darker red (bloodless), blue, fuschia, ...

Did I mention that we looked up the phrase "vis-a-vis" one time in class and it means "face-to-face"? How appropriate.

Footnote: when I looked at my piling up slides later, the red blob was transformed into a Rorschach test sample.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:11 PM

    Question: What do you find the best way to clean your overheads is? I feel like I spend a TON of time doing it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:59 AM

    I finally have a method I don't mind too much. I take all my slides home on the weekend. At 11:00am on Saturdays, Rick Steve's travel show comes on the TV, so I turn it on, fill the kitchen sink with warm water and bathe each slide and then put them on the counter.

    I refill the water after it gets too dark. After they're all clean, I slip them into various pages of a HUGE phone book to dry. On Monday morning I pull them out of the phone book, and they're ready to go, AND I got to watch TV in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:39 PM

    Have a student do it. Esp. one with trouble remaining seated.

    ReplyDelete