Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

2006 2006 2006

We're back from our 10 day trip to visit the in-laws. Whew! A lot of sitting around and doing nothing. We DID, though, get to see a Canadian Brass concert (excellent), go sledding (a first for me), meet an in-laws new girlfriend (very nice), and feel majorly sucky for our pathetic gift giving skills.

I tried to get everyone to just donate to charity or accept as a gift a donation to charity. Apparently, I was the only one who thought this was a good idea. On a positive note, due to my suggestion, I got: a llama, clean water for a family, a goat, and a share in 2 goats. Woo Hoo. So at least something good came of this.

I feel uncomfortable opening gifts or watching others open gifts. Half the time, they have a fake smile of thanks on and seem to say something not quite thankful: "oh, some more ______" ... "aNOther ______" ... "oh..... thanks", to name a few. We don't need more THINGS. Buy your own things. Blach. Whatever, it's over (until next time).

Now I have loads of laundry calling to me and lantana that has to be cut for brush collection and school work to be done and the last day of vacation to savor. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment