Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fun Stuff

On Tuesday, I rushed home to sign on/in for an online workshop from College Board using the "Elluminate" software. How cool was that? I was a bit bummed because we didn't get to use our microphones to ask questions, but I guess text-messaging the questions allowed them to be shorter and more efficient. Our presenter had tons of great ideas to differentiate instruction for calculus.

Also, yesterday I received an e-mail from another teacher that's organizing a possible trip to the northeast over spring break with some students to look at colleges, and he asked if I wanted to help chaperone. Are you kidding me? The kid list is great (all sweeties), I get to visit my old stomping ground, AND (I'm guessing/hoping) FREE-ish for me. Woo Hoo.

Finally, I looked at the school calendar, and TONS of (in essence) 4 day work weeks coming up due to: inservice, workshops, chaperoning. ... In my 9 years of teaching, I've only taken days off for workshops and work-related activities. Ever. Except for ONE time 2 years ago when my husband had a bad accident, and I had to be at the hospital. Other than that, no personal days. Woot, woot. .... BUT that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to a wee bit of a break now and then in addition to the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment