Monday, August 15, 2005

Last "No Students" Day ... (sort of)

I am criminally optimistic every year about my abilities to plan for the WHOLE first week before the start of school. I am now officially ready (mostly) for the first day of school tomorrow. I have a vague outline of what I want to do in my precal and calculus classes for the rest of the week. Do I have work "made up"? No. Do I have copies made? Ha ha. I think I'll just have to face the facts that I'm a last minute person (until next year). It all seems to get done eventually, so no (big) worries.

There were a plethora of students around today from student council and what not putting up banners and decorations and such. I got to see some of my favorite kiddies and chat with them, and some of them will even be in my classes. Yay. Some of them I will have had for 3 years. I love it. ... I'm feeling good about this year. I think AP Calculus AB (ooh, official sounding) is going to be a blast. I have a better handle on the level and depth and strategies and such of how I want to teach precalculus (this being the 2nd year I'll have taught it here). I have "older" kiddies, so maybe less pain-in-the-butt class management issues. So ... I'm psyched for 2005-2006. WooHoo. (talk to me before Christmas, please, and remind me of this feeling :) ).

2 comments:

  1. Hello Math Teacher.

    Good luck with your students. I'm starting my last year of HS after labor day.

    My mom (who is a languages teacher) prepares for class the morning before, now that's literally last minute.

    BTW, those spam posts, (I got three in about a minute just now on my blog) they suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meefman, and have fun your senior year (RESIST that dreaded senioritis like the plague).

    Ms. Cookie

    ReplyDelete