Monday, August 08, 2005

Inspiration: Day 1

Today was our first day of inservice, and it was pretty inspiring. First of all, it was fun to see all my teacher friends that I hadn't seen in ages. Of course at this point in the year, everyone is tanned and well-rested and they have no evidence of stress on their faces.

We watched some great teacher clips from various movies and saw some amazing quotes that I wished I could write down to think about. Our principal and a few key other people put out their best effort to bring us all together and to think about the 3 R's of school: rigor, relevance, and relationships. ... Makes you re-committed to putting out your best effort for the following school year.

We've also hired 5 new math teachers this year (for a total of 20 math teachers), so I had a chance to put names to faces. It's funny how after 9 years, I've basically/usually been working with the same "type" of math-teacher person for the most part: hard-working, not too put together/made up, sense of humor, friendly, ... Today, one of the teachers struck me as different from the mold, and I found myself going all judgmental on this person. Blach. Who. Am. I? I don't even know the person, and I'm already making some assumptions. Stop it. Be a good person, missy.

No comments:

Post a Comment