Thursday, May 05, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week

Funny Story. This week is T.A.W., and I think our AP nudged our students into writing thank you letters to the teacher (or some such gesture) because I'm getting them trickling in. They're sweet and make my day.

Anyway, today in geometry, I'm teaching the FASCINATING area concept, and I wanted to make a visual point, so I scanned the room, and saw a student seemingly doodling and not looking up. I called her on it and got her attention and went on. Flash forward to the end of class. I'm walking around the room, and I see there are cookies on her desk, and I jokingly said, "Oh! Are those for me? Thanks!" guffaw, guffaw.

Then she says, "yes, they ARE for you, and here's a note with it. THIS is what I was doing when you called me out in class."

Awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment