Friday, May 13, 2011

Haiku Fun

On the latest test for my 10th grade geometry kiddies, my last "question" was: Write a haiku about geometry, and I refreshed their memories ... (3 lines: 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables).

Along with the "non answers", and the kidlets who didn't know what a syllable was (eeeeee), here were some fun ones:

Geometry, huh?
Well, it is so very hard,
But it's also fun. *

*(but hard.)
[Love the fact that she had to stress the difficulty]

In geometry
you're the master of numbers
watch while I compute.

Math can be fun. Just
try geometry. Really!
You will love this class.

Geometry is
equations and big circles.
It is very fun!

What am I taking?
It's a geometry test.
That's what I'm taking.
[Too funny]

Math is difficult.
Geometry is worse, though,
but I still love it.

Geometry is
an intelligent subject.
There's so much to it.

Geometry is
scary, horrifying, fun
but I learn the shapes.

Math is very hard
I'll cry uncontrollably
But D_____ ____ is cool.

I need "vinegar".
Math makes me really angry.
You evil llama.
["vinegar" is in reference to me bringing balsamic vinegar to school and the kids thinking it was a bottle of wine and me playing along. "llama" .... I don't know, somehow I got labeled the "llama lady". Don't ask.]

I need to pass this
Geometry. Pretty Please.
I will try my best.

Geometry is
About the shapes and logic.
It be more math, bleh!

Oh, Geometry!
You make my head ache so much.
Why Geometry?

Don't be sad with math.
It is useful in some ways.
Yea, Geometry.

Love geometry.
It is extremely helpful
all around the world.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:42 PM

    I love the haikus.

    Perhaps llama came from lemma?

    -- Heidicrafts

    ReplyDelete