Sunday, August 18, 2013

Arts and Crafts


I made my new planner for the year. I found various funny and inspiring images on the computer and cut and paste and printed. Then I put them on the front and back and inside covers, and I mapped out the calendar. I also covered it with packing tape.






Do you see that in February? What's that, you say? Why yes, I did register for my first marathon, thank you for asking! I plan on being very obnoxious and mentioning it often. I figure if I'm enough of a jerk about it and talk about it ad infinitum (ooh, $10 words!), then I will be forced to follow through.


I was inspired by a student who ran the marathon last year, AND by this blog entry from The Blog of Impossible Things. I keep running across the word "epic" lately, so I'm taking that as a sign to try and have an EPIC year.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! Crossing that finish line's going to be so amazing. Rooting for you from across the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:20 PM

    I was googling key words, looking for an activity to make Points, Lines and Planes mean more than "undefinable" vocab. Somehow I ended up on your blog from 2010 and have been laughing my ass off ever since.
    I'm going to continue following it (if I can ever find it again)and maybe it will help me slow down on my alcohol consumption this school year. Then you could claim to have cured alcoholism!!
    Thank you for sharing! BK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ben. But don't be too hasty on the alcohol reduction .... isn't it some sort of preserver? At least of sanity? Something. Have a great year.

    Shireen

    ReplyDelete