Saturday, September 24, 2011

Personal Ad Project-ette

It was a day of service last Friday, and I was going to be out with my high schoolers, and leave my little 8th grade geometers stranded, gasping for geometry air. Baby project to the rescue.

A while ago I saw this section in Weight Watchers Magazine where they introduce a new vegetable or fruit or some other healthy food and make it look like a personal ad. Something to the effect of "Hello, My Name is Squash" .... "on weeknights you can find me..." ... "things you may not know about me....", etc. I copied this page on the back of the following sheet:



I didn't get all of them back yet, but holy cow some were funny. One was, "ANGLEina Jolie" whose parents were rays and who had "25 degrees" ranging from accounting to psychology. I'll post some when I get them all back. But those students make me giggle.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I am going to share this on my facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:48 PM

    Do you have an example of the Weight Watchers ad that goes with the assignment? It's such a great idea! I'd love to use it in my geometry class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll bring it home Monday and see if I can recreate it...

    ReplyDelete