Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Toy

I was recently at training and learned about fun ways to present information such as:

A Movie I Made (I see a side job forming)

I could see it getting old, but it's a nice thing to throw in the mix.

I've also met amazing people at my new school. It's only been open for 2 years, so they're still inventing who they are and what they are capable of doing. They seem genuine and smart and committed. BUT.

Information Overload. I'm totally at the stage of, "I'll never remember to do all this", and "Argh, what if I screw up, and they secretly shake their heads at the mistake they made hiring me", and "Oh My GOD, I'll never be ready come Monday". You know, the usual jitters (and don't forget: they have only HOW MANY copiers? What, no work/eating/microwave room?, etc.)

I'm teaching 4 different preps this year ... well, 3.5 (one is a type of study hall). And I've agreed to be some sort of team leader and occasional yoga instructor. I must be woozy from lack of sleep. Must. Learn. To. Say. No. I practiced a bit today when an afternoon robotics team leader position presented itself: no. Whew! Go me. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment