Saturday, March 22, 2008

People Watching

I was out with my friend this weekend, and we went to a tea house in an upscale, outdoor mall. It was fun to people watch, and there were all types - pregnant moms with little kids in tow, glamour teens with their high-price accessories, vogue 20-somethings, everyday people in shorts, lots of girls in sundresses. I started thinking about the things that go through your head when you watch people.

I'm wondering if a lot of the mind chatter is like - oh I wish I had abs/legs/arms/etc like that, or I wish my hair swung like that, or I wish I looked like that .... and I'm wondering about how much that affects how you live out your life or the choices you make.

What if the mind chatter went more like - oh I wish I was as generous as that, or I wish I could forgive like that, or I wish I could contribute to my community in that way like that, or I wish I was as good a person as that ... more inside stuff than outside appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment