Thursday, September 06, 2012

Second Computer Science Task

Can anyone say "whirlwind week"? If you're a teacher I bet you can. I guess it's getting cliche to be all, "oh no, I'm so busy!". Anyway.

My computer science kidlets will turn in their first project tomorrow. Exciting. They're thrilled with their pictures they drew. Last class we started talking about Strings in Java. I didn't want to go the power point route - one, I didn't prepare; two, I think they'd just half listen and maybe take notes and then not learn until they were doing it.

So, we all opened our laptops, and I guided them through Strings and declaring and assigning and getting user input. Then I had them do a Google search on mad libs examples. There's a free Mad Libs generator that we walked through. After the giggles (and refresher on what an adverb or noun is *sigh*), I told them that their next task is to create a Mad Libs. Only about 10 minutes was remaining in class at this point, so I said, "start with a 2 sentence one.".

Also, instead of text book assigning and yapping, I assigned this homework for the "extras" I have to teach:



Good Times.

5 comments:

  1. wow..! this posting is too good! thanks for sharing..
    cool math for kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to be a visitor of this unadulterated web site, thanks for this rare info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part.

    ReplyDelete