Saturday, September 15, 2012

Group Projects

I'm not so good at assigning group projects (mostly because I side with student opinions of them and mostly because I'm a control freak and like to do things myself, so I don't like working in groups). But. I realize I may be doing the students a disservice by not allowing them the periodic struggle of working with others.

I've come up with this sheet that I think I'll add to my next group project. I'm SURE I'll assign one. Soon. This year. Some time.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    You may be doing your students a favor by not assigning bogus group work.

    See my post
    http://gasstationwithoutpumps.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/group-work/

    Group work is only valuable when the group can accomplish more than the best individual in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. working with a group is better than working alone...
    cool maths for kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have students working together, without giving a group project or a grade. Student discourse is a vital part of the mathematical learning process, at any level.

    ReplyDelete