Saturday, September 15, 2012

Group Projects

I'm not so good at assigning group projects (mostly because I side with student opinions of them and mostly because I'm a control freak and like to do things myself, so I don't like working in groups). But. I realize I may be doing the students a disservice by not allowing them the periodic struggle of working with others.

I've come up with this sheet that I think I'll add to my next group project. I'm SURE I'll assign one. Soon. This year. Some time.


  1. You may be doing your students a favor by not assigning bogus group work.

    See my post

    Group work is only valuable when the group can accomplish more than the best individual in the group.

  2. working with a group is better than working alone...
    cool maths for kids

  3. You can have students working together, without giving a group project or a grade. Student discourse is a vital part of the mathematical learning process, at any level.