Wednesday, October 26, 2005

ew ...

My treat tonight for working late and missing tap dancing and going to a school event (which turned out to be fun) was to go to my favorite burrito place and get take-out on my way home. Hmmm.

After a brief wait, my "food preparer" asked me what I wanted. As I was answering, I spied something in her nose. Not wanting to stare (why?) I glanced at and away several time to confirm that there was a boogy halfway on the way out of her nose (still in there, though). Okay, what do you do? Do you say, "I'm sorry, you can't prepare my burrito because I'm afraid I'll get extra ingredients I don't want"? Do you pass this person off to the next unsuspecting soul and wait for the next (cleaner nosed) helper? No, of course not, you keep placing your order and periodically checking that the boogy was still there hanging on for dear life at the end of the food process (whew! safe). But then WAIT. She had to turn around to a back counter to wrap it up (the burrito, not the boogy). So then I had to check her nose again .... where did it go? was it still there? argh, I couldn't get a positive i.d.

And to top it off, she told the cashier that I had a larger size than I ordered, so I had to pay more for the boogy experience .... maybe it was for the performance art. THEN when I came home and ate the burrito ... towards the end, something tasted funny. No. Not that. but more like a vegetable gone bad.

Ewwww. I decided some wine therapy was in order (and it will hopefully kill any germs I've acquired).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:43 AM

    hee hee. Very amusing, if somewhat disturbing that you couldn't tell if you were going to have to eat it or not. :)

    I might have gone with: "Oh, I think you've got something on your nose", and scratched my nostril where the bogey was hanging out on hers.

    In a genteel manner, of course. :)

    Great blog. I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 PM

    I KNOW ... ewwww, I'm still thinking about it today ... I'll have to get past this if I want to go there again.

    Thanks for your comment.

    Ms. Cookie

    ReplyDelete