Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week from H.E.Double.Hockey.Sticks.....

Phew! I'm still alive, and I didn't damage kids too much, and I'm still reasonably sane. This week was filled with drama and lack of sleep and midterms and bell schedule changes and teacher (me) melt downs and ....

Too predictable to mention, because I'm sure we've ALL had such weeks, and I'm sure there'll be others like it. On the plus side, I'm glad it happened (now that it's over), because I was getting a wee bit worried with so many positive days happening in a row. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop, and you start getting paranoid because you KNOW it's coming, so you want it to come (sort of) to get this cycle over with.

On the funny side .... and it TOTALLY doesn't apply to me since I love my job, but I found this funny quote:

“Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
(Drew Carey)

1 comment:

  1. I read this post after a long, difficult week, and it really helped me decompress a little. It's so easy to get caught up with negative thinking sometimes, and forget the big picture. Thanks for reminding me to be reflective and learn from the rough times. (and the Drew Carey quote put a big smile on my face)

    ReplyDelete