Sunday, October 07, 2007

Learning Logs

Some of my students are still falling through the cracks of learning in my class, and they're not coming in for tutoring, and they're getting further and further behind, and I'm not catching it in time. I catch it after a test or after I send out official reports every 3 weeks. So I'm going to try something new starting this week.

In the last 5 minutes of class, they're to quietly read over their notes and process what we did that day. Then they're to fill out this form (enlarged and "weird" to get it in here):


I will collect them and respond and return them the next class to start the process all over again. Hopefully, this way I can nip some problems in the bud, and it won't be too cumbersome to grade since it's short and many of the students won't have concerns. Also, I can connect with kids I that never talk in class. I'm printing this sheet front to back and stapling 3 sheets together for a 6 weeks grading period.

We'll see how it goes and adjust as needed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:05 AM

    Looks like a great idea. I'm interested to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I'd love to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete