Thursday, November 17, 2005

Slacking

I was being SO good at the beginning of the school year. Getting up at 5:30, either going on the treadmill or lifting weights ... and then ... . The treadmill died and had to get fixed, and it did, but by then it was too late. My morning exercise consisted of mildly rapid finger or wrist movements on the computer while I was surfing. Okay, sure, I did some sun salutations and maybe a head stand or 2, but not the still-sweating-after-the-shower treadmill workout.

But I'm a changed woman. Today I get back on the saddle, so to speak. Okay, I'm on the computer now, but I still have 4 minutes. I'm going. I'm going.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 AM

    Did you really do headstands? And what is a sun salutation?

    Owl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 AM

    Oh I'm loving the headstands (their only competition is the hand stand). For the "yoga" headstands (still against the wall, of course), you clasp your hands and hug your head with knuckles in the back and balance on head and forearms. .... And sun salutations are a series of moves and breathing where you fold forward and lunge and do "downward dog" (upside down V) and such ... feels good for the back and general stretching.

    Ms. Cookie (who LOVES yoga)

    ReplyDelete