Thursday, April 07, 2005

TAKS TAKS TAKS

I'm tired. We've been ordered from up on high to stop teaching our content now and ONLY prepare for the TAKS test that's to be given in 2 weeks. Blach. Can I tell you how excited the kids are to be reviewing for a whole 2 weeks for this state exam? .... I'm trying to make it palatable by doing probability and hands-on types of activities, but it's only been 4 days, and I'm tired ..... or maybe I'm tired because I haven't been getting my normal 8 hours of sleep a night. Hmmmmm, correlation/coincidence?

A funny thing: One of the days, I had the kids do something with a partner, and they were to turn in only one paper for the 2 of them. We did the activity and then it was over and we were milling around, and one of my students comes up to me to ask an English-type question: "Miss, is it 'perpare'?" ... "No," I say, "it's prepare: p.r.e.p.a.r.e.". ...... "No, miss, is it perpare?" .... "no it's spelled p.r.e". .... this went on for a bit, and we are both looking at each other like the other person is slow. Then it dawns on me, and I start laughing and answer, "yes, it's per pair".

No comments:

Post a Comment