Sunday, May 07, 2017

Calculus Volume of Revolution Project May 2017

A while ago (2 years? 3?) I did a lantern volumes of revolution project after the AP Calculus AB exam. I liked it, but I wanted to do something different this year. I have come up with the following (rough draft!) project to do with my students. I will try it out after the exam this week. Good Luck to us all!


They will be creating a 1/2 revolved item and mounting it on a sheet. Then they will brainstorm about what it looks like: a ballgown? a bell? something else? Then they will be researching tidbits about that object to display, along with their volume calculations.

Here is a rough idea of my vision of the project:

 Here is a link to the file. I've gone all high tech and included links to videos.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great idea! I will be a first year teacher teaching AP Calculus AB next year and I've been trying to find cool activities to do with my class. I would love to know any tips or tricks you have to make the course interesting. Do you do a lot of projects with this class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mathematics techniques, calculations, and take my finance test help online, these are supported by the Professional teachers and course taker online. The mathematics course helps play an outstanding role in our growth.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. What a nice post! I'm so happy to read this

    ReplyDelete