Aaaaaannnd we're back into the swing of things at school: frenzied hamster on the wheel looking over her shoulder while madly scrambling faster, so that the big boulder does not plow into her because she did not complete a task.
Fun things for the 1 week of school so far:
* Love my students. Because I haven't taught all the geometry kids now for a couple of years, I have tons of new student (to me) in precalculus.
* My advisory students are just funny and sweet.
* I've purged a bunch of things I've basically never used but felt I needed or "would use someday" from my classroom, including the teacher desk, and now it feels more roomy.
* I keep thinking of this quote, and it gets me through just about everything.
* I think my operating theme for THIS year is: take care of each other above all else.
It's more important to have kids feel heard and valued and loved than to "get through my to-do list". People before paper! Be present! Enjoy the little whipper-snappers.