Saturday, July 26, 2014

In Class 1st Day Activity

Okay, after 17 years of teaching, maybe I WON'T leave everything until the last minute, because I think I've just finished all my 1st day things. Hah! Who am I fooling. This is a fluke. Soon it will be back to business as usual. This year is different, though, because I think I'm going to fly out for the weekend before school starts to see my turning-80-years-old dad, so I won't have those 2 days to get ready.

I did just remake my 1st day in-class activity for precalculus. It really has nothing to do with precal, but that's the class I'll use it in. I like my calculus activity from last year and will do it again, and for digital electronics, I'm going to have them do a DE thing, and for CS, they will be coding independently from day 1.

I was inspired by this activity from KFouss. Woot! Internet Searches! 

Here is my version:





These will be done by the kids in class while I'm snapping pictures and calling roll and passing out a seating chart and passing out more information.
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Elissa. I'm curious if they'll use number sense to get the first page answers ... or most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice activities. I haven' t completely decided on my first day plans yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celeste, I'm still tweaking, too. I'm wondering if this activity will go too quickly, so I need more more MORE! Heaven forbid they have some down time to just be kids on the first day...

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3:12 PM

    This is great:)! Could you post them in your downloadable activities? Also, do you have an answer key for the first page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:31 PM

      Hello. If you click the link, you should get the activity AND the key all in one file.

      Delete