We went to Rome, Siena, and Cinque Terre.
Cool Rome Things:
* You can just walk around town and be simultaneously hit with modern and ancient structures.
* A mix of tourists from ALL over and chic locals going about their business.
* Panforte Panpepato!
* Medieval Buildings.
* Gorgeous churches.
* Great streets to walk around and observe and see the doors.
Cool Cinque Terre Things:
* Trails to walk on between towns.
* Easy trains between the 5 towns.
* I love Duolingo and promise to be Italian-Fluent soon .... you know, like my "people" (or future people ... or people wannabes).
* Hey Roman Bus Driver, just because it's the 1,000th time you've been asked this question, it's just my 1st time asking it. Sorry to make your eyes roll.
* Hey badly-chaperoned students coming back on the plane from NYC, no one wants to hear about EVERYTHING about you all the way back home. Use your inside voices so that only 2 or 3 people around you can hear.
* Dear US coffee sellers, I think a field trip is in order to learn how to make non-bitter coffee.
* Dear TexMex food, thank you for the tradition of being our first delicious meal back when we return from "non Texas".