Friday, December 09, 2011

End-O-Semester...

As always it's just slam-banged and gotten here already. Now it's a scramble to get all things graded and finals written and reviews made and failers cheered on to get their act together and mouths kept shut due to lack of sleep and knowledge that if something comes out of my tired brain/mouth it will be a regrettable snarky comment that won't do anyone any good.

On a positive note, I have this extremely clever 8th grader this year. She's quiet and polite, but every time the timing is right, she comes up with these zingers. For example, today I quickly made up a review sheet for geometry, and it had an answer bank on the bottom. Being the last-minute person that I am, it was all hand-written. Well, as a shock to no one, there were 2 mistakes in the answer bank due to my non-checking of my work. So as their class started, and I handed out the hand-written sheet, I mentioned that there were some "pen-o's" on the sheet (you know, typos, but penos). This class also knows since I've mentioned it several times that I have a pen buying problem, and I'm trying to go through my current bazillion stash before I succumb again to purchasing more.

Anyway, after I said, "pen-o", she said, "is that like wino but with pens?" Then we chuckled and mentioned that I should join PA, "hello, my name is ____ and I have a pen problem."

1 comment:

  1. In an effort to be sure that the attire you select suits you well, it can be critical to adhere to several requirements Chinese Style. The size specified for the tag might not suit preferably for girls from the similar weight and Computer Repair Tracking Software top. The minimal discrepancies inside the duration in the arm, width on the shoulder, size in the leg, thighs, buttocks, hips, waistline, bust and circumference with the higher arm.

    ReplyDelete