Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spring (or Decade) Cleaning

I'm not the best of housekeepers, and that's an understatement. Sure, the dishes are done and laundry done and trash put away, but there is dusting and vacuuming and clutter cleanup that only seems to get done when company is coming over - which is about twice a year or so. Ew, put that way, I'm gross.

Anyway, since my inclination is to sit around all summer and just read (this or this or this) or nap or do puzzles, I thought I'd give the house a once over this once.

Tons of old books will be donated to the library, usable clothes to charity, and our own personal landfill of electronics to Goodwill. We've just gotten in this complacent state of clutter all over the house, and I guess we don't see it any more. But now that I've cleaned 3 rooms (so far) of excess and unnecessary things we don't even use anymore, it looks so peaceful and inviting instead of this underlying current of unease and discontentedness.

Whew! I should have people over to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 AM

    That's awesome! And so freeing. FlyLady.net is wonderful at helping people to declutter, etc. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I just browsed the site, and it looks like there are tons of good ideas to motivate and help me! Cool.

    Ms. Cookie (with 4 boxes of give-aways already)

    ReplyDelete