Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Favorite Class"

It's hard to bypass the following question gracefully:

"Ms. Cookie, are we your favorite class?"

Some of them ARE actually my favorite class, or the favorite class of that day, or year, or such, but I'd never tell them either way, so I say,

"Yes. You are my favorite 3rd period class. This year. In this room." That seems to get us all past the topic.

I do have to say, that I LOVE my last period class of the day. Today I had to "sneak" out about 3 minutes early to make a mandatory meeting across town that started 15 minutes after my school day ended (that then happened to be canceled after I got there!). I left them with my student aide, and I was completely comfortable knowing that they wouldn't be "bad". They're good kids and goofy and sweet, and they try hard, and it's just a nice way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment