* I have now spilled my FULL cup of milky tea in 3 of my 5 classes. Today it splashed on a student's (new) tennis shoe.
* I get to take a road trip after school on Friday to go to a calculus workshop for Saturday. Of course I've spent inordinate amounts of time on the internet finding good places for breakfast and lunch.
* Friday is an inservice day, so it seems like a light week.
* I love the Monday yoga class I attend because my muscles shake, and it's challenging, and it feels like something to aspire to (to be able to actually do the poses).
* I started reading the 20 applications of the students that want to go to the northeast college trip over spring break. (We get to choose 8-10). This is really just a piece of it. Next year these same kids are supposed to be mentors in the college-applying process for everyone else. I have mixed feelings about this. The adults that are now doing their (great) job will not be there next year, and so they are basically getting free (cheap) labor. On the other hand, I think it will be a good experience for the kids. ... It's interesting comparing the various applications. In their statement as to why they want to do this for next year, some just comment on why it would benefit them. Others comment on why they want to help others. Some (very nice & smart) kids did not follow the directions. Others went above and beyond what was asked. ... Enlightening.